Wednesday 12 September 2007

Pointless milestones are always fun, aren't they?

It may be difficult to believe it, but this is my 100th post. Only a few short months ago, I moved over here from my late and not very lamented Windows Live Spaces blog. Windows Live has a number of problems - by the time I eventually closed the blog, it was having severe difficulty opening the post editor in either Firefox or Internet Explorer. And when a Microsoft site refuses to work properly in IE, you know you've got a problem.

Here, though, things have gone much better. The total word count on this blog - including titles but not counting the current post - is 44,683 words, taking up 67 A4 pages in Word. For comparison, that's not much below the average novel. I've also posted 32 weekly pictures (for a given value of "weekly"), gone through two designs, and steadfastly refused to embed any autoplaying music. Spend 30 seconds on Myspace if you think that isn't an achievement.

I'm marking this auspicious occasion by doing a minor redesign - the Facebook badge has gone (it didn't really fit), to be replaced by a tag navigation box. Oh, and since I've started posting a bit more to Ficlets, I've put a link to my account there in the sidebar too.

Here's to the next 100!

No comments: