Sunday 23 September 2007

Picture of the Week: #36

[taken during week running from 03/09 to 09/09]

Once again I've been rather lax with taking photos, so I've had to invent some more history for myself. For the record, although I do play bass, it doesn't have two necks and I've never played it with Bon Jovi. That's just in case you were wondering.

For those of you whose curiosity has been piqued by the concept a double-necked guitar, they do in fact exist. For the most part, according to Wikipedia, you'll find 12 strings on one neck and 6 on the other, or sometimes a 6-string/bass combination. That's by no means the only combination, though, and the double-necked bass has been sighted outside the realm of Spinal Tap. Definitely something of a niche market, though, and I reckon I'll stick with virtual ones for now.

No comments: