Sunday 24 June 2007

Picture of the Week: #25


As of today (being Monday, although once again I have pushed this post back through internet magic to Sunday), I am no longer resident in Oxford, and unlikely to be for the foreseeable future. I have an Alumnus card in my wallet, a graduate email address, and a set of crosshairs hovering over said wallet, aimed by the Development Office of my college as they gear up to begin extracting money from me.

Almost the last thing I did in Oxford was to attend the college ball - this week's picture shows what happened shortly afterwards, as people returned to various student houses to do serious, grown-up things like playing Donkey Konga. Apart from this being a great game, it's also fun just to enjoy the sheer weirdness seen in the picture - girls in beautiful ballgowns, having just been to a very formal event (well, formal until the band started playing Sweet Home Alabama, at least), concentrating hard on a videogame with one of the silliest concepts ever devised. A fitting end to three years, I think.

No comments: