Monday 1 January 2007

For the times, they are a-changin'...

It's a new year, so what better way to start it than with a new blog! OK, there are plenty of better ways to start a new year - finding a cure for cancer, for example - but give me a break here.

This is a replacement for my old blog, which has been languishing unloved on Windows Live Spaces for far too long - I think it's about time it got replaced by a blog that I can actually edit properly from within Firefox, that can do photos and embedded videos easily, and that doesn't look like it was designed by deciding which combinations of colours and graphics would look the most eye-poppingly ugly.

More than that, though, I also want it to tie together the different places you can find me on the Internet, most of which are shown in the links to the right. Anything that isn't included there is something that I don't really want seen, although nothing ever really disappears from the Internet...

This blog doesn't have a specific mission statement, as such - I want it to serve as a place where I can write anything that interests me (writing more is one of my New Year resolutions), and where I can get my thoughts in order on any and all subjects. As such, it might have anything on it, from theology to daft Youtube offerings - pretty much the only thing this won't be is a personal diary, because if I wanted one of those I'd, you know, buy a personal diary. It won't have a regular update schedule, either, but I'd like to write something every week, at least. Bear in mind, though, that I reserve the right to break or otherwise completely ignore all my own rules!

Hopefully, this will be a better place for me online than before. Feel free to explore, comment, and generally play around. Oh yes - and Happy New Year!

No comments: