Tuesday 3 April 2007

Picture of the Week: #13


Rather late (again) with the PotW, but my excuse this time is that I was trying to work out what to do as an April Fool's post. I did have a rather good one lined up about a fake family history of mine (and you can go behind the cut below to find out what the picture would have been - I'm rather pleased with it), but I decided in the end that I'd already done quite enough April Fooling for one day. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm afraid I'll be keeping schtum...

Anyway, the tree in this photo is an old oak in one of the fields behind my house. It's been known as the Goblin Tree for as long as I can remember, because of its wrinkled and bulgy appearance, and because when I was little my Dad used to climb up it and pretend to be the Tree Goblin. What a well-balanced childhood I had. Explains a lot, really.

What a handsome fellow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, Phil? You have far too much time on your hands. Seriously.